Friday, July 2, 2010

Eoin Colfer

Eoin ColferMy first run in with Eoin Colfer's books was his Artemis Fowl series. I had seen them in the book store and they always seemed to sell well. When my daughter started mentioning it, I decided to take the plunge. I read the first couple of books and an have been hooked ever since. Since my first reading of Artemis Fowl (I am planning on re-reading them all...), I have also tried his other books. It amazes me how different the books are and the different voices present in each. From "Artemis Fowl" which is a blend of fantasy and sci fi, to "Airman" which is an alternate reality of the 1800's, to "Half-Moon Investigations" which is like a young Sherlock Holmes meets a playground gumshoe. Each that I have read have been enjoyable and full of unexpected turns.

Moreover, my children have loved the books as well. We don't own all his books, nor have I read all his books as seen below, but those that we do own, we buy in hardbound. It Mr. Colfer writes a book, I am going to buy it eventually.

I haven't tried the Benny Shaw or Ed series yet. It is my understanding that they are targeting a younger audience than I usually read, but I will probably pick them up from the library one of these days.

I am very excited for the last Artemis Fowl which is supposedly due to come out early August. My goal will be to re-read the other books (and review them) before then. We'll see how that goes. Just started a new job, so might not have the time I normally do, but I am going to try.

Bibliography

  • Benny Shaw
    • Benny and Omar - 1998
    • Benny and Babe - 1999
  • Ed
    • Ed's Funny Feet - 2000
    • Ed's Bed - 2001
  • Artemis Fowl
    • Artemis Fowl - 2001 (Have read)
    • Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident - 2002 (Have read)
    • Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code - 2003 (Have read)
    • Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception - 2005 (Have read)
    • Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony - 2006 (Have read)
    • Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox - 2008 (Have read)
    • Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex - 2010 (Soon to be released)
  • Artemis Fowl Companion Books
    • Artemis Fowl: The Seventh Dwarf - 2004 (Short story, also found in "The Artemis Fowl Files")
    • The Artemis Fowl Files - 2004
    • Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel - 2007
    • Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident the Graphic Novel - 2007
  • The Supernaturalist
    • The Supernaturalist - 2004 (Have read)
    • The Supernaturalist 2 - 2010 (Not released yet)
  • Legend of...
    • Eoin Colfer's Legend of Spud Murphy - 2004
    • Eoin Colfer's Legend of Captain Crow's Teeth - 2006
    • Eoin Colfer's Legend of the Worst Boy in the World - 2007
  • The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
      The first five novels written by Douglas Adams. This is a sixth.
    • And Another Thing... - 2009
  • Standalone Novels
    • Going Potty - 1999
    • The Wish List - 2000
    • Half Moon Investigations - 2006 (Have read)
    • Airman - 2008 (Have read)
    • Click: One Novel ten authors, chapter 3 - 2007
    • Plugged - 2011 (Not released yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment